Thursday, November 19, 2015

Im Actually a Robot

Nelson found out my secret identity!
Alright, poem time! Enjoy.

I wish I could say I wasn't a robot,
But then, I would be lying.
This is to math:
I've done this problem a million times.
This is to history:
I'm tired of the same old dead people.
This is to science:
I've studied this for hours.
Then English has those rules,
I before E except after C,
And that's just weird.
This is to those students going through the motions:
I would say, "I feel you," because I do the same thing,
But I do the same thing.
Because I go through the same day every day of my life.
And that's not what a human would do, is it?
A human would learn from what triggered it to cry.
A human would stop for a moment to look at the world.
A human would do something new, just to do something different.
But what do I know about being human, when I am just a robot.

-Bethany

Thank you, thank you. So I guess I'm a robot.
Or maybe I'm a unicorn.
Still figuring that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment