Monday, November 30, 2015

What I've Been Called


I've been called a lot of things.

Stupid.

Worthless.

Annoying.

Freak.

Desperate.

And sometimes nothing at all.

I've also been called better things.

Kind.

Pretty.

Funny.

Talented.

Brave.

I've been called happy, creative, a life saver, a role model, and I've been called Bethany.

You know, I love the name. I'm not sure if it's a mask or something real.

It's the name I hide behind to show who I really am.

It's the name I might always hide behind. Bethany has been my pen name for a while now, and it still will be.

But, this is not owned by Bethany anymore.

It's owned by me.

The me that is honest.

The me that is daring.

The me that was named by my parents.

The me that is Samantha Beth Taylor.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great reveal! Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Samantha. I know you haven't been in the class very long. But thank you for speaking up and sharing your ideas and being yourself. Power to the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sam!!! i didn't even know you were in creative writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We shook hands in class today and introduced each other. I'm glad you came into the class, nice reveal.

    ReplyDelete